Despite my best intentions, I only completed one quilt during the 100 Quilts for Kids charity quilt drive. I probably should have been more focused...instead, I also completed 3 tops, all of the pinwheel blocks for another, and a fun hand-stitched hexy strip that will be the centerpiece of another. Indeed, I was worried I wouldn't even finish this one in time - on Saturday morning, it was still just a top and a back! I used Cindy's tutorial, but I only had a partial jelly-roll with no repeats, so I didn't have enough fabric to make more than 3 columns, and I really struggled my way through this one, including unpicking several seams (a rarity for me). I had started by cutting my jellyroll strips in half so I could make the two sets I'd need, and on the second set, I figured out that I could make them line up better if I went ahead and cut off a 45 degree triangle from each end piece so I could line them up as I sewed the strip sets, since I didn't have any extra fabric to spare!
What really made it a doozy was the micro-stippling. I haven't done any free-motion quilting in a couple of years now, so I'm very out of practice, but I really enjoyed it. My stitch length is all over the place, and it certainly is far from perfect, but I think it will make some foster child in Ohio, courtesy of My Very Own Blanket, immensely happy! (At least I hope so!) I think it is a good sign for a charity quilt when it is really hard to give it away, and this one definitely fits that bill!